We are currently working on updates to our travel guides to wine regions in France, Tuscany and Rioja. Up to now, we have only included one stunning photo per guide, the majority supplied by Mick Rock of Cephas Picture Library, professional specialists in wine photos. Now we have the facility to add photos to individual entries on the guides.
Like the picture on the left, we are gradually adding photos to the producers recommended on our site, as well as the places to stay, eat and shop, and we thought you might like to help. Would you like to see a photo you have taken on Wine Travel Guides and receive a PDF travel guide of your choice as a thank you?
Here’s what you should do:
Look through the travel guides on our website – all content is free to view. Find the guides to the regions you’ve visited, and on each guide click through the list of Producers and the Places to Stay, Eat and Shop to see if we include a producer or place you’ve visited and photographed on your visit. If you find one and would like us to share your photo on our website, then if it’s suitable, we will upload it, make sure you are properly credited and we will send you a free PDF wine travel guide of your choice for each photo we use.
How to send photos and conditions:
- Send us any in-focus, bright pictures that represent the wine producer or venue well.
- Size should ideally be around 300 x 400 pixels and 200 – 500KB.
- Provide a caption to explain what your picture represents.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you own the copyright for the picture. Include your name and/or how you would like the copyright credited.
- Email as an attachment to admin[at]winetravelguides[dot]com. (We will not download pictures from your site or 3rd party site).
- In your message let us know which PDF(s) you would like to receive as a thank you. These will be emailed to you as soon as we’ve published your picture (and we’ll include a note with the link so you can see your photo on our website and share it).
- We reserve the right to edit your picture and your caption.
- We reserve the right to accept or refuse your pictures.
There is no time limit on this although we will gradually be adding more pictures that we find ourselves so you may miss certain slots. As you plan your wine travels over the next few months, bear our request in mind so that you can send us any relevant photos on your return.
Thank you so much in advance of your help! And, as this is the perfect time to plan your wine travels for the year we are delighted to offer all readers of this post a special 30% discount off our normal price for Annual membership that gives access to the latest version of all our 52 PDF guides ready to download and/or print. Simply go to the Join Here page or to the Gifts page if you want to offer this to someone else, and enter the promotional code D2BLG0311. Once you click enter, the usual price of £29 will reduce to £20 (approx. US$33 or €24). This offer is valid until 30th April 2011.
We look forward to seeing and posting your photos on the site, and in a few months, we’ll post some of the best ones here on the blog.
Postcript: UK readers may like to check out the special opportunity to bid for a Savoie evening with Wink Lorch presenting a special selection of Savoie wines. 100% of funds received will go straight to Wine Relief, the UK wine trade’s fundraiser that supports Comic Relief’s work in Africa and the UK. Hurry! Bids must be in by March 18th 2011.